Animal Laws & Permits

Animal Regulation in Your Area
Tehama County Animal Regulation, a Division of the Tehama County Sheriff’s Department, serves the unincorporated areas of Tehama County. You can find their website here.
Tehama County Animal Regulation

2840 Antelope Blvd, Red Bluff, CA 96080

(530) 529-7900 ext 1

If you live with-in the city limits of Red Bluff or Corning, you should contact your city’s Animal Regulation office:
Red Bluff City Police Department

555 Washington Street, Red Bluff, CA 96080

(530) 527-3131 ext 1

Corning City Police Department

774 Third Street, Corning, CA 96021

(530) 824-7000 ext 1


Kennel Permits

 No person shall own or keep more than five dogs over the age of four months on any lot of premises as a private dog owner. Person(s) keeping or owning more than five dogs over four months of age on any lot or premises shall have such lot or premises designated and licensed as either a commercial kennel or hobby kennel or, in the alternative, have a working dog license. (Ord. 1798 § 2(part), 2003)

To learn more, view Tehama County Code, Chapter 7.20

Prior to applying for a kennel permit, you must first determine if your property is zoned for a kennel. Learn about the laws and regulations for owning and operating a kennel in Tehama County. Prior to putting in a kennel, contact Tehama County Planning Department to determine if you qualify for a kennel use permit.

Connect With Us

Monday – Friday, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Saturday – Sunday, 1:00 – 5:00 PM

1830 Walnut Street, Red Bluff CA 96080

(530) 527-3439


Skip to content